Canvas Studio Playlist

0 Likes
(6)

I broke up a 20+ minute lesson into small videos, but I don't want to post 10 different videos on a single page. Does Canvas plan on adding a playlist option?

(This was originally merged with another questions about enabling students to have access to course videos. And I understand if it will be moved or deleted. But this is not the same request. Course videos would include everything from the course. The 10 short videos I need on a playlist are for the same module/unit. Students having access to all course videos wouldn't let them clearly see what videos are needed for that one module/unit. A playlist would all all the videos for that one module/unit be included on a single page within the module/unit.)

Tags (3)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I would also like to see YouTube Playlists supported in Canvas Studio.  I just submitted a new Feature Idea for Vimeo Showcases...since Vimeo is now supported in Canvas Studio.

Add Vimeo Showcases to Canvas Studio - Instructure Community

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

RachelSalmon
Community Participant
Problem statement:

When instructors want to utilize a few videos together for a topic, trying to balance an appropriate size for the video and avoiding too much scrolling can be tricky sometimes.

Proposed solution:

Allow for the creation of video playlists in Canvas Studio so that multiple videos can be put together in a playlist and students can click through the videos in that playlist all in one spot instead of scrolling down a page.

User role(s):

designer