[Studio] Prevent fast forwarding

I would like to prevent students from fast forwarding the canvas studio quiz videos. 

Please allow teachers to use a toggle button to disable fast forward. Edpuzzle offers this "prevent skipping" feature.

347325_pastedImage_1.png

Added to Theme

19 Comments
jacksonl3
Community Member

I'd upvote it if the system would let me.  This is a necessity for my courses.  

ChandlWM
Community Contributor

Edpuzzle now can auto send the completion grades over to canvas and you don't have to grade it.  Just use Edpuzzle and let thing transfer automatically for now until it canvas improves.

drmentzer
Community Novice

For students who read the transcript and want to go directly to the questions, is this punitive?  I have a hearing loss and will regularly read transcripts and not listen to the videos.  I can see using the OPTION, however I think that students should be able to request exception to this, and not be included in a blanket disabled option that affects the entire class. 

behindtheplate
Community Member

Please add an option to prevent students from skipping ahead in the video in Studio. I don't mind if they can rewind but I do not want them to have the option to skip ahead. 

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

I can understand not wanting to allow students to skip ahead, but I also think it would be a huge nuisance if you've already watched the video once, to then not be able to skip to the specific section you  need to review.    Would it be possible to not skip the first time, but be able to skip around for subsequent views?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

leo_satara
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

Under Studio Video Quiz students can forward all the way to the end of the video, click submit, and then see all the correct answers for that quiz. This is fundamentally wrong if you are trying to perform an assessment of students' knowledge on this video quiz. Students can cheat by doing this.

Proposed solution:

Make sure that students cannot forward the video quiz without answering questions. Make sure that correct answers are not revealed after the submission of the quiz. Maybe the settings of the Studio Quiz provide the same options as regular Quizzes have: Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback) Only Once After Each Attempt Let Students See The Correct Answers

User role(s):

admin