[Studio] Canvas Studio Quiz: Allow Editing & Auto Regrade

It would be helpful if an instructor could update a Studio quiz correct answer choice after students have taken the quiz. If an instructor accidentally selects a different correct answer than intended, there isn't a way to fix this once any students have taken the quiz other than manually checking each student's answer and manually overriding their scores in Speedgrader or Gradebook in a separate window. It would be great if a teacher could update the quiz and for students' grades to update accordingly.

Added to Theme

8 Comments
Draco
Community Explorer

I would love this for all quizzes; it is another lost perk in our transition from blackboard.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

calonzo
Community Member

Agreed! I've already run into this situation and manually going in to edit each grade for 140+ students was no fun. Thanks for considering!

PhillipBoland
Community Novice

Canvas interface HORRIBLE in Studio Quiz.

Cannot edit tests once they are imbedded. I'm not perfect and sometimes tests need to be adjusted. CANVAS DOES NOT ALLOW IT! Bad IT. Fix the problem. It creates for bad teaching and extra frivolous steps for teachers. Thanks.

mshaffer16
Community Novice

I use Studio with embedded quizzes.  I discovered an error in what was marked as a correct answer in one of my embedded studio quizzes.  The option is there to edit the quiz, however, when I fixed it the edits did not show when it graded students quizzes.  It did not give the option to go back and re-grade the quiz for students who have already taken the quiz, and even when I re-created the assignment using the video through studio with the edited quiz, it still did not have the changes.  I ended up having to go through my entire video and note the times the questions were asked, write down all the questions and answers, delete the entire quiz, and start with a whole new quiz just because I had an error in the answer for one question.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme