[Studio] Canvas Studio - embed comments AND quizzes

In Canvas Studio when using the Studio LTI app in the RCE and choosing a video from My Uploads library, there are two tabs: Standard Embed (assuming Commenting Enabled) and Video Quiz Embed. You can choose one or the other but not both. Having the two together would allow multiple methods of assessment as students interact in the same video timeline.

Added to Theme

Additional enhancements for Studio Theme Status: Identified

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@joe_fahs  This sounds remarkably like what was just released:

Previously, Studio did not support having videos embedded with both quizzes and annotations. This change allows instructors to simultaneously allow quizzes and annotations to display in a video.

Would you look through the release notes and let us know?  Studio Release Notes (2021-05-17)

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

joe_fahs
Community Participant

Hi @Stef_retired ,

I thought the same, initially. But I think it refers to annotation cards, which is a great feature but is separate from student-instructor commenting. 

Joe

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for the quick response, @joe_fahs ! I've moved this forward for broader discussion.

anncalhounsauls
Community Explorer

This is a feature that I am also very supportive of. In the mean time, the pdf describing the quiz function needs to make it clear that you can't also comment.

coliver1
Community Member

Yes, my faculty would like to have students comment on a video and answer quiz questions on the same embedded Studio video. Please allow both the quiz feature and comments feature on Studio videos. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme