Canvas Studio for Discussions in SpeedGrader

(3)

It would be ideal if students' timeline comments on other students' Canvas Studio videos appear in SpeedGrader per student as I'm evaluating each student's post and replies. This would greatly help me to award credit to students for fulfilling expectations and expedite grading time. 

Example: An assignment asks students to introduce themselves by creating a video in Canvas Studio and then to comment on at least 2 peers' videos. Right now in SpeedGrader, it may show me that Student A posted their video but doesn't display that Student A commented on at least 2 peers' videos. 

5 Comments
taylor_hall
Community Member

It would be really helpful if we could make a Canvas Studio Assignment where comments throughout the video would appear in Speedgrader. That would help to see an individual's response over time to give better feedback. Please allow comments in an embedded Canvas Studio video to appear in Speedgrader!

andrea_mccracke
Community Novice

This has been a significant issue for me as well. A band-aid fix might to allow Studio to be disabled  in the toolbar so students would have to use alternative video software. This would at least ensure their comments are not missed and help with grading accuracy.

david-pleins
Community Novice

Indeed, I would also like to be able to grade in-video comments in Canvas! While SpeedGrader allows students to post videos in discussion boards and others can make comments on the videos, there is no way currently to grade these comments (as you can regular discussion board comments). Not a great setup!

Regular discussion board comments are grouped in SpeedGrader under the name of the student who posts the comments. Very handy and easy to grade. But the same thing is not done for in-video comments. This makes is impossible to see a student's comments at a glance and grade their comments all at once in the discussion board. We need a fix!

Denham
Community Participant

This would be really really useful. Please introduce this.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.