[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Select more than one student at a time to message

Sometimes I need to message part of a class but not all. The current Mobile App Inbox options allow me to either select the entire class or select each student one at a time to add to the message. Any solution that would allow me to select a one time subset of the class would be great. One potential solution that could work for smaller class could be that when I select the entire class, they are listed individually and then I can delete the individuals that do not apply to the message. The other option would be to allow me to check which individuals should receive a message versus just clicking on one name. This would work easily when messaging a single student and would be much more useful for more than one.

NOTE: I am aware of the use of the CRTL key in the web browser version on Inbox to select more than one student. 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

billie2
Community Novice

When composing a message, you’d then be prompted to select whom to send it to. Then you’d click a person to send it then the app would take you to the composing screen again. Allowing the feature to select more than 1 person to send the message would save some time rather than selecting 1, then you click “send to” again then select another 1.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme