Canvas profile picture

0 Likes
(2)

I suggest that Canvas Profile picture could be opened without reporting it when I click on it. And add the report option under the picture not by clicking on it!

Or adding a clear option for reversing the flag!

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@mahmoudeltourke 

Thanks for this feedback. I'm not able to replicate what you have described. When I logged in as a student and clicked on a user's profile page, it did not initiate a report: rather, it directed me to the user's profile page.

Would you please ask your local Canvas admin to investigate this on your behalf?

mahmoudeltourke
Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I mean when it directs me to the user's profile page and when I click on the profile picture on the user's profile page, it directly report the picture!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@mahmoudeltourke 

Yes, that sounds like a specific configuration put into place by your school. When I navigate as a student to the profile page, I don't even see the user's profile picture. Please ask your local admin to look into how they have configured this.

mahmoudeltourke
Community Member

@Stef_retired 

Great, thanks!

JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Stef_retired and @mahmoudeltourke,

I would like to support this change to profile pictures too. @mahmoudeltourke Have you had any luck in changing this in your set-up?

I don't think this is a custom feature as it is described in the instructor guide (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-a-user-s-profile-in-a-course-as-an...).

It does seem that the current design is counter-intuitive to what I would expect when you click on the profile picture.  When clicking a picture, I would expect for it to show up in a larger view, especially considering how small the image is in the profile view.  However, whenever you click on the image (even when not directly on the flag) it treats it as reporting the image.  Considering the number of accidental reports that occur, it seems that this is likely what others are expecting too when clicking on an image.

Moving the report to be a button under the image (or next to it) rather than on top of it seems like a better approach.  It would be nice to add in the cancel report button too in case someone does accidentally report it and wants to cancel it on their own without needing an admin to review it.

Thanks,
James

mahmoudeltourke
Community Member

Hi @JamesSekcienski 

Thanks for the support!

No, unfortunately! I didn't manage to change the set-up and I gave up about it.

That is good, that I am not the only one who is facing the problem. Hope they could apply the suggestions.

Thanks,

Mahmoud

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@JamesSekcienski @mahmoudeltourke Thank you both so much for doing additional testing. We'll move this idea forward for broader discussion.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.