Canvas student app calendar and to-do list

0 Likes
(1)

When I create events to add onto the Canvas calendar from the desktop, it doesn't show up in the Canvas calendar or to-do list on the Canvas student app. I believe it's because the event is created under my name as a calendar event instead of the actual course? However, even when I list the event/ task under a course name on the student app, it doesn't show on my To-Do List. There's also an issue with the event not showing up automatically on the app calendar, I have to constantly refresh the calendar or tap on the date and refresh for it to show up. 

I'm not really sure why, but it'd be great to be able to add items onto the To-Do List on the Canvas Student App because it's organized chronologically and easier to view than the calendar. It'd be great to be able to mark the task/ event as 'complete' on my own accord as well. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@LianaLee 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. As the idea description incorporates at least two separate requests—(1) When a student creates a to-do item in the browser, it should populate the calendar and to-do list in the Canvas Student app; and (2) Allow students to create to-do items directly from the Canvas Student app; and possibly (3) allow students to mark to-do items as complete on the app—they need to be considered separately, so we've archived this one. After reviewing the guidance about writing singularly-focused prompts in How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?, would you please recreate each idea as its own discussion?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived