Case sensitive answers in a quiz

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When giving a quiz, I would like to see the option to require that an answer have a capital letter. For example, in a fill in he blank question a teacher may be looking for the name of a particular state. The student is required to answer 'California' but if they answer 'california', it is marked correctly. I would like to see the option to require an answer to be case sensitive.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
31 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Can you provide a link to setting case sensitive response?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@marianna_pinter , you'll find it in the Select Text Match section of the lesson https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15069-4152780601 

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Thanks Stephanie -  I don't seem to find any option to transfer existing question banks and quizzes to quizzes.next

I came across "migrate" in the dropdown menu of quizzes, but that does not convert quizzes into quizzes.next editable format. . . .Also I don't find any way to copy old style "question bank" to quizzes.next bank (may go by the name "item bank"). It is quite unbelievable that this is not done automatically by canvas

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@marianna_pinter ‌, please review the resources in the Quizzes.Next User Group‌ for guidance on how to migrate resources to Quizzes.Next—and if you have additional questions, please join the group to discuss this with other Canvas users who have been using the tool for some time now.

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Stefanie - can you tell me where to find a summary on quizzes.next by canvas? Thank you

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@marianna_pinter ‌, in addition to the resources in the user group to which I linked earlier, you'll find a chapter of lessons on Quizzes.Next in the Canvas Guides: Quizzes.Next.

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Stefanie -  thank you for your response; I have already seen the canvas guides web page. I was looking for more information. It would also be good to know the schedule listing the deployment of quizzes.next improvements / updates. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@marianna_pinter , the timeline is at the top of the Quizzes.Next User Group‌, and please follow the Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison‌ for updates on specific features. Those updates will also be previewed in the Release Notes: Canvas as they become available.

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Stefanie - Thank you for your response: I see the following:

305634_pastedImage_1.png

I see only TBA for future plan. Do I miss something?