Catalog: Add Listing to Multiple Catalogs

0 Likes
(4)

We have many courses with overlapping subject matter.  I recently created a new catalog named Management.  We have many courses that would be great for someone wanting management professional development, but I am unable to add any listings to Management because the course listings are already added to another catalog.

My Requested Change:
When editing the listing, instead of just being able to select 1 catalog for the listing, I would like to be able to add additional catalogs for the listing.

Thank You For Your Time

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

KathyPalm
Community Participant

Since you can only create one listing per canvas course (from everything we have tried/tested) this would give us a lot more flexiblity in listing a course in multiple catalogs.

We have sub-catalogs set up per our different clients, and usually a client will request a specific course for themselves, but we can also have multiple clients take the same course. However, as we can only create one catalog listing per course, we have to make duplicate courses to allow registration of different clients via catalog.

KlaraGorham
Community Explorer

+1. Great Idea! We have a lot of the same courses listed in different sub-catalogs so this feature would be very helpful. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.