Categorization Partial Credit

0 Likes
(3)

Each quiz question should be given the option of full or partial credit options. Full credit being default, partial credit being an option where you can award points based on whether or not they answered a percentage of the question correctly. 

3 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Greetings @RebeccaPorter 

Thank you for starting a new idea conversation.  There are a few existing conversations that you can explore below.

I'm going to archive this thread because partial credit really has to be established at the question level and depends on the question type.  Is there a question type that you have encountered that you are specifically thinking of? 

EATHE
Community Member

Please update the Quiz feature to award partial credit to categorizing question types.

MichaelBould
Community Participant

Absolutely, I can see some categorization questions where a student who got 19/20 shows the same as one who got 5/20 ie. not full credit, as a teacher I need to see at a glance how well they have understood, the student who got 19/20 may have one misunderstanding or made a mistake, 5/20 has not understood, without being able to see this I don't think the categorization quizzes are really suitable for use.