Change Color of Help Menu Font

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Right now, the font color on the Help menu is a light gray against a white background. I checked with Canvas support and it doesn't look like this can be changed. The light gray on white background is difficult to read, especially for those with visual impairments. I am hoping to have the ability to have the ability to change the color of this font.  font appearance inclusive design digital accessibility 

Comments from Instructure

This was identified as an accessibility issue, so there was no need to vote.  The accessibility team ran it through their checker and it did not meet contrast requirements, so they corrected it quickly!

10 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you  @bweiss  

We're doing some checking on this right now.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@bweiss  

No need to vote on this because it is an accessibility issue.  Our accessibility team confirmed that the color is good, but the font weight needs to be increased.  They now have a ticket in their queue.  

bweiss
Community Participant

Wow, thanks so much, Renee! You're a rock star!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@bweiss  

This is complete and has been merged into Canvas (code base - for next release)!

bweiss
Community Participant

I'm so impressed by this whole process! Thank you and the accessibility team so much for your attention to this. 

Have a wonderful day!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Oops.   @bweiss , I should have made sure you knew when to expect it in production.  It should be in beta on 3/9/19 and in production on 3/30/19.  So the work is done and you'll see it in Canvas soon!

bweiss
Community Participant

Wonderful. Thank you very much!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL