Change Mobile application dates to match school time zone

0 Likes
(9)

Currently the Canvas Student Mobile changes the due date to match the current users time zone. This is does not match the web application settings. We would like the mobile app to indicate what time zone is the student is in. This could be done by adding cst/est/pst  or by adding both time zones (school and current location) on the app. Please see the attached screenshots. 

IMG_7977.PNG

IMG_7978.PNG

10 Comments
WillGHampton
Community Explorer

The web app and the mobile app should be consistent in their time stamping.

jmwatson1
Community Participant

Agreed, Need some consistency with times. Please add labels to show what time zone the times are displayed in all areas times are displayed. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ErinKordelewski
Community Member
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Mmastandrea
Community Novice

Canvas is supposed to stay in time zone where my class is located and assignments are due (according to your how to guide) but it adjusted to my time zone change unknowingly and without permission!! All assignments are displaying incorrect due dates because of this. If canvas detects a student is in a different time zone, it should give a notification and ask if user wants to change or keep timezone from classes.

NinaSivan
Community Novice

I completely support this suggestion. It would be so helpful to be able to change the timezone on the android mobile app.

I find it very confusing using the app, as my deadlines are displayed at 07:59 next day rather than 23:59 of previous day. So my calendar is very deceiving. 

Please resolve this issue soon, I am really enjoying this app, it's so helpful! A tiny yet crucial issue as timezone makes it difficult to use though.

Thanks in advance!!!

KHill7771
Community Member

He's I completely agree!  I'm able to change the time zone on my laptop but not in the app and it has messed up my due dates more than once.  It will say "due tomorrow" when it's actually due tonight.  Please find a way to allow us to change it in the app too!! 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.