Change "view feedback" hyperlink to a more visible button

(5)

On the "submission details" page, the "view feedback" link that opens the application that allows in-text comments is very difficult to find. Please replace this hyperlink with a more visible button.

10 Comments
charlastrosser
Community Novice

Please do this. I second this recommendation. 

rosalyneves
Community Novice

I would also appreciate this. My students always struggle when we do peer reviews because the location for finding and giving feedback isn't intuitive and it's hard to see.

laurawalker2
Community Novice

This would be a HUGE benefit! Many students don't seem to know such feedback even exists. Thanks!

awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @ryansiemers . Thank you for taking the time to help make Canvas better! I think you and the others from SUU are in good company here because we have an existing idea that seeks something very similar, but has the same underlying goal of making feedback easier to get to. Add your support and comments to https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3254-making-feedback-more-visible-to-students and we can mark this idea for archival. Keeping the votes and discussion focused under a single submission will keep things streamlined and easier to find. Thanks!

ryansiemers
Community Novice

Adam, I would rather that you not "archive" this idea in favor of the one of you reference. The one you reference is nebulous and would require a great deal of work to implement. My proposal is discrete and would require very little effort to put in place.

khughes
Community Novice

Hello,

I definitely support the idea of having a bigger, more visible, and better located "View Feedback" button (perhaps directly under the "Assignment Comments" location). 

However, the perfect solution would be that there was no button at all and that the comments attached to highlighted feedback were automatically visible to the students. To advance the quality of learning, there should not be extra buttons to push. So add the improved button for now, but get rid of the need for the button as soon as possible. 

Thanks

jwilsongonzalez
Community Member

I agree with my colleague, above. Implementing this is a better option than how it is now; however, ultimately I think Canvas should show students feedback without having to take that extra step (because most don't).

jlieser
Community Novice

Canvas definitely need to show students their feedback without any extra steps - they need it to be right there when they click on grades.  Please make it all appear on the same screen so they see it.

CBenavidesblack
Community Member

I completely agree! Eliminating extra steps helps streamline the process for students and also makes it easier for faculty because then we can be sure that students are able to directly view the feedback we provide them. Creating this change in Canvas would greatly support students' learning and success. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.