[New Quizzes] Change size of fill-in blank answer space

It would be great to change the size of the fill-in blank answer spaces instead of the small size that is there for one or two words. We are trying to mimic the PARCC test (text extraction) and it would be nice if there was room to copy and paste a whole sentence and for the student to be able to see the whole sentence after they paste it. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

16 Comments
tnelsonwa
Community Member

Has any progress been made on this?  I don't need students to see whole  sentences, just the names of carbohydrates in the Calvin cycle.  These are long enough that they exceed the visible size of the text box.  I (and I think many users) would  prefer that a student be able to see the full answer they're about to submit.

jurry
Community Explorer

I echo @koppkr. As a foreign language teacher I often require my students to write full sentences that are much longer than the space provided. They absolutely need a larger input space so they can see their entire sentence and proof-read it.

blong
Community Participant

Is there a reason it's fix-width set to 120px?  Were fill in the blanks only meant to be 5 characters in length, anything longer was an "essay"?

TSKo
Community Novice

@CommunityTeam It's been 5 years and yet this idea is still "open". As a foreign language teacher, the fixed width of the "Fill in the Blank" bothers all the teachers in my institution as there are a lot of questions where students have to write full sentences. Students always complain they cannot see their answers in full sentences and it is very challenging and time-consuming to proof-read their answers, especially during an exam. This demotivates them a lot from doing exercises. I hope this issue can be solved ASAP.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme