Change the Rubric Back in SpeedGrader

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

The "New" Rubric in the Speed Grader view is much larger than it used to be. In order to see the Ratings you have to drag the gray divider bar over making the submission view window smaller. For some of my rubrics that have 4 or 5 ratings, I can drag the divider bar over until it takes up 2/3 of the screen and I still have to scroll side to side in the rubric window to see all of my ratings.  I used to be able to see the entire rubric using no more than half of the screen. This makes it so that my SPEED grader is much slower than it used to be. Can we put it back the way it was???

Comments from Instructure

Thanks for your patience. Our engineers have deployed a change for rubrics in SpeedGrader as noted in our release notes: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15588-canvas-release-notes-2018-10-27#jive_content_id_Rubri...  

This change is effective immediately in your production environment.

31 Comments
ilana_masad
Community Novice

It hasn't changed for me yet, and furthermore, comments continue to be erased after I save them. This is extremely frustrating.

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, Ilana,

Try refreshing your cache in your browser to make sure your browser isn't keeping an older version of SpeedGrader.

Thanks!

Erin

bdust
Community Novice

I'm not sure I understand what is going on with this thread. The response from Instructure was that this has been corrected, but for me, the window to grade a Rubric is unbearably small and requires needless scrolling left-and-right. I maximized my browser application on a 32" monitor and still have to scroll left-and-right to grade a rubric.

What web designer thought this was a good idea?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@bdust  

Did you clear the cache and on your browser, as Erin suggested above?

spagel
Community Explorer

I haven't noticed an improvement, either, but I didn't say anything because I honestly didn't figure it would do any good since Canvas believes the issue to be resolved.  When viewing a rubric, it still has to take up 2/3 of my screen in order for me to see the entire thing, making the submitted document impossibly small.  If this is the "original" rubric size (as described in the Canvas Release Notes), then it's still too large.  Prior to the start of this issue, the column widths within the rubric would narrow to LESS than original size so that I could see the entire rubric and the submitted document easily, with the rubric taking up no more than half of the screen.  The rubric AFTER grading allows this to happen, so I'm not sure why we can't have the same parameters for the rubric WHILE grading. 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@bdust  &  @spagel  

It is true that with the release we considered this to be complete, however that doesn't mean that that you shouldn't speak up.  We want to know if something is not responding as expected.  In this case, i will ask you to go to the space where you are experiencing the rubric problem, take a screenshot, then use the help menu on the left to 'report a problem'.  Be sure to share the screenshot so that support can see what is going on and help troubleshoot.

jschreier
Community Participant

Agree with Stacey. The issue does not seem fixed to us. And pulling to the left is not doing the job. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better solution? 

Screenshot: 2019-02-13-11-30-22 — imgbb.com 

Video: C 1, SpeedGrader, CJUS-306 Criminal Procedure SP 19 W01 - YouTube 

behrend
Community Member

4 years later, still **bleep**. 

behrend
Community Member

Yeah, I have a super wide computer screen, so not a problem for me, but my TA does not.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New