Changing Quiz Question Names for Student View

0 Likes
(1)

When creating a quiz, the teacher/designer can change the title of the quiz question.  Currently this is only visible for the teacher designing the quiz. Students always see quiz questions in numerical order (i.e. Question 1, Question 2). In addition, teachers only see the default numerical order in Speedgrader.  I would like to suggest a feature that allows the student to view the custom name of the question and for teachers to see this custom name in speedgrader. This would allow a designer to create questions tied to specific standards.  It would also allow teachers to view the standards for the question so that individual standards /criteria could be graded.  Teachers could also create multi-part questions (1a, 1b, 1c, ...).

4 Comments
Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @dpurcell

Thanks for posting your suggestions! According to our idea guidelines, you should only include one feature update in your idea request. From what I see here, it looks like you've got a multi-part suggestion for quizzes.

1. Students and instructors view question titles: Please review this existing idea and add your rating, comments, and kudos if applicable. 
  2. Add outcomes to specific quiz questions: Instructors can add outcomes to individual quiz questions in New Quizzes. Check out this guide to learn more. 
  3. View outcomes tied to questions (in SpeedGrader?): I couldn't find an existing idea for this. However, instructors can view analytics for outcomes tied to quiz questions in the Outcomes Analysis report. If you'd like, you can revise your idea here to request this specific enhancement. 
  4. Multi-part quiz questions: Currently in New Quizzes there's a Stimulus option that allows you to create multiple questions that all relate back to one initial question/source. Check out this guide to see if this might accomplish what you're looking for. If it doesn't, then please feel free to submit a feature idea requesting this specific update. 

I'll set your idea to "moderating" status. Feel free to update this idea and/or create a new idea for each of your enhancement requests. 

Thanks,

Allie 

dpurcell
Community Explorer
Author

@Allie_Dilts 

This is actually just one feature: just allowing students to see the custom title that the teacher adds to each question when they take the quiz.  That way if a teacher names a questions with "1a", " 1b", and many of our common assessments do, the student will see that instead of Question 1, Question 2. Let me know if that helps clarify the request.

Thank you!

Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @dpurcell

That does help! Would you mind revising your idea to add this clarification? 

Thanks, 

Allie

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived