Changing the blue navigation bar across all courses through a blueprint

0 Likes
(2)

While I found it is possible to change the blue navigation bar across all courses (e.g. adding "Outcomes")  by using a blueprint and ticking the box "include course settings", this affects all settings including the course image.
It would be great if we could dissociate the image, otherwise all my 150 courses end up with the same one.

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this idea, @JBMaurice . Would you provide a short screencast illustrating the issue with a blue navigation bar?

swynn
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @JBMaurice if you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 24, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

We know life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by February 24th, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests.

JBMaurice
Community Explorer
Author

Hi,

Here are 2 screen captures of my blueprint.

If I change the available options (or simply their order (e.g. Announcements placed before Syllabus) in the blue navigation bar of my blueprint, when I click on Associations and tick the "include course settings" box, all the options appear in all the associated courses as they are in the Blueprint.
This is great, because I can just set up all the courses at once in the same way.

But..."include course settings include also all the settings of the blueprint courses" such as the image (here an image of Blueprint) which is going to replace all the images of all my courses....

Snag_4934d8.pngSnag_496a01.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.