Checkbox Style Grading Tool

0 Likes

Instead of using a rubric, which is not quite precise enough for the feedback that I would like to give, I have a menu of comments, most of them associated with a grade penalty. Here is an example from an Excel spreadsheet:

Dilemma A and B options lack brief description -12 (or -6 if only one) Please note that guidelines ask you to briefly state the action in the first sentence followiing the A and B labels.
Dilemma A and B options lack action altogether -24 (or -12 if only one) Please make sure that the A and B options refer to actions not just values or principles.

Now, what if each row of the spreadsheet could be connected to a checkbox menu? If I check a series of applicable rows, the grading tool would post the comments and apply the grade.  Open an Assignment in Speed Grader (usually a discussion post in my case), click the grading tool. Check, check, check. Enter. Boom. I'm in grading heaven (well, at least no longer in that other place).

3 Comments
gmosesx
Community Member

Discovered that what I am asking for is a "Grading Checklist" as opposed to a rubric. Here's a link that shows how Moodle does it:

https://inside.sou.edu/assets/cis/distancelearning/pdf/create-a-checklist.pdf

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.