[Gradebook] Checkmark grades

Right now, the only checkmark grades you can do on assignments and quizzes are for complete/incomplete grades, but a lot of teachers (in my school especially) would like to be able to have the grade that is seen by student be a check-plus / check/ check-minus symbol, which then can translate to a point value in the grade book. For example, a teacher could assign whichever check symbol they want in Speedgrader to student work, and the student see the checkmark; in the Gradebook this ends up being a point value (or other grade book entry) that teachers can customize (ex. a check = 10/10 points, check-plus = 12/10 points, and check-minus = 8/10 points).

This would be good to have more grading options, functionality, and customization in the grade book ecosystem!

Added to Theme

Provide more flexible grading options Theme Status: Identified

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

pwd0002
Community Member

I think a checkmark grade system is very much needed. For low stakes assignments I don't need students worried about numerical grades, but I do want them to get a sense of feedback from the check marks (check, check plus, check minus) as well as written feedback. I also want to be able to separate these from points if possible, but certainly at the very least make them visible only as the check mark.

cbb22
Community Member

Any traction on getting something like this set up in the lms?

StephanieBrandn
Community Member

I'd also like to see something like the check plus / check / check minus OR Complete / partially complete / incomplete. So there is accountability on getting the work done and making it meaningful - but also acknowledging if something was started but not finished or not done well.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme