Classcraft LTI

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

My students have been begging for Classcraft Quests daily, but without integration, it is just not feasible. Google Classroom does support this type of integration. Students are automatically awarded xp & gold based on Google Classroom grades. Classcraft is a great motivator for my students and I would like to channel that motivation into completing assignments.

25 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea, karen.handy. Canvas provides a platform structure upon which we invite other software companies to build an integration. While this moves forward for voting as a Partnership Integration idea, we encourage you to contact Classcraft and ask them if they're planning to devote resources toward creating the integration. If they need more information, here is a great resource to send them External Tools Introduction - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation

karen_handy
Community Participant

Below is the response I received from Classcraft.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this.

I am happy to hear that you would love to use Classcraft. We have been discussing the opportunity of integrating with Canvas and our Development team will be investigating this further in the future.

I will forward the information you provided to them and follow up with them next week for an update.

Once I have more information I will contact you and see what we can do next.

Have a wonderful weekend and talk to you soon.

Martina Braun, Classcraft Community Lead
support@classcraft.com

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

That's great! Thanks, karen.handy!

karen_handy
Community Participant

stefaniesanders‌, great news! Here's the latest update from Classcraft!

Martina Braun (Classcraft Support)

Jan 30, 18:39 EST

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your patience. 

I was able to find out that we are already actively organizing an integration with Canvas, I do not yet have a timeframe, however, I could keep this case open and follow up with you once I have more information. 

Kind Regards,
Martina Braun, Classcraft Community Lead
support@classcraft.com

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

karen.handy, that's even more wonderful news! We appreciate the time you've taken to advocate for this integration. While we don't currently have a partnership in place with Classcraft, we'll be reaching out to offer our support through the integration process. Thank you so very much for bringing this to our attention.

john_payne
Community Novice

stefaniesanders‌ and karen.handy‌ - any word yet on Classcraft integration into Canvas? My students and colleagues are interested in using it and we would like some updates! 

Thanks!!

- John Payne-Rios

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@john_payne ‌, we don't have an update on our end. You might want to reach out directly to your contact at Classcraft to see how their LTI development is progressing.

karen_handy
Community Participant

Sad news Smiley Sad 

Stéphane Guillemette (Classcraft Support)

Aug 6, 13:55 EDT

Has been pushed for other projects..  No ETA at this moment

Stephane Guillemette

VP of Engineering at Classcraft

On August 5, 2019 at 4:05:15 PM, Martina Braun (Classcraft Support) (support@classcraft.com) wrote:

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for letting us know, karen.handy‌. We'll keep this idea open for voting so we can continue to measure support for it from the Canvas Community side.

kkirk
Community Novice

I would so love this as well. GoogleClassroom is not the best option for the content I teach, so I have been loving my Canvas usage. HOWEVER... the kids I work with love ClassCraft and quests more than they love progressing through Canvas modules-- so I've been jumping through hoops to integrate GoogleClassroom assignments into Canvas assignments... it's just a mess. 

Would be really awesome to see this happen.