Close Data shows on Discussions (same way as for Assignments)

0 Likes
(1)

Assignments show the close date which helps students pace themselves. Having the same thing for Discussions would be very helpful for the same reason. 

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@adrianmd 

This is the information that displays to students on the Discussions page for a graded discussion on which the instructor has set a due date and an available until date:

discussion dates.png

Could you elaborate on the details of the request?

adrianmd
Community Member

Hi Stefanie,

I'm curious where you get this screen at. Below are two screenshots of what students see; one is for assignment (with available until) and the other a discussion without it.

AssignmentAssignmentScreen Shot 2021-04-24 at 7.52.02 PM.png

BTW, before I posted this, I opened a case in Canvas and it was confirmed that the available until doesn't show up on Discussions page - Chat Transcript: Case # 07531467

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@adrianmd I took the screenshot from a student's Discussion page, and just reconfirmed that the available date is still there. Your screenshot is displaying the discussion after the student clicks in to the discussion from the list.

adrianmd
Community Member

Hi Stefanie,

The section you mention is not visible to students so there is no way for them to actually see it unless they know the direct link to get there (or there is a way to make it visible).

Take Care,

~Adrian

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@adrianmd Thanks for clarifying that. As you state, if an instructor hides the Discussions link from the course navigation (which, by the way, is something I used to do in my own courses), they won't be able to see the "Available until" information. We'll move this idea forward for further discussion.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.