Collaborations: Create "Assignment" option

(4)

I would like to see Canvas add an option that allows the instructor to set it up as an Assignment. Right now, I have to create a two-step process: 1) Students use collaborations to complete their work, 2) They have to download and submit their work in a separate assignment. I would like to see a pathway linking "Collaborations" to "Assignments" to help create a more streamlined process that is less confusing for the students and better supports the experience of using collaborations.

4 Comments
john_ratko
Community Member

@Stef_retired 

This would be an excellent feature! 

Additionally, please add a feature to "Collaborations" that allows students to provide anonymous feedback on their partners. Make this feedback readily apparent in "Speed Grader" so that an instructor can view the work product from the students and the student feedback together.

Allow for a numerical rating, perhaps even across a couple specific dimensions (ie participation, teamwork, responsibility, knowledge, etc), with a comment box to provide feedback. This could even be added to the grade book and tracked throughout the course. 

ckwalter
Community Novice

I was just looking for that very feature.  Thanks for suggesting it!

douglas_rolley
Community Explorer

Agree. Collaborations should be part of the Assignment settings.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.