Collapse and Expand All for groups

0 Likes
(8)

Having collapse all and expand all buttons for groups would be helpful. It's tedious to go through each group, open it, add people, etc. instead of being able to open them all at once.

In general, collapse/expand all buttons in many places would be useful. 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

cindavis
Community Explorer

Yes, absolutely! I often need to figure out which group a student is in and have to open up 13 groups before finding the one s/he is in. Please add an open all button or some other way to see all of the group members for each group.

raprice3
Community Member

When updating groups, previously expanded groups become collapsed when the page refreshes, which can be frustrating.  Also, allowing searching of groups like students can do.  I often need to search for students in groups and currently all groups must be manually expanded to do this.

montgjoa
Community Explorer

Yes, I'm teaching a class with 43 groups right now, and it takes at least a full minute of clicking the little triangles to expand them all just so I can search for a student's name to see what group they're in. Either the default should be expanded or, preferably, there should just be an "expand all" button. 

knutc
Community Member

Agree, a search function and expand all would be very appreciated. I am teaching a class with 40+ groups now, very tedious to find students in groups.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.