Collapse or Expand All Modules with One Click

For courses containing many modules, I often find myself going through and manually collapsing each one. I would love to have a one-click way to collapse all the modules (and, conversely, to expand them all again). 

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-08-26)

8 Comments
timothy_maw
Community Champion

This would be extremely beneficial for me, especially when I have to go through several long modules. All the scrolling can be frustrating especially since the modules automatically un-collapse whenver you refresh the page.

traci_fox
Community Novice

This would be an essential feature for me. Collapse all and Expand all are common features on pages with a lot of drop-downs, and would be easy to add. Please consider adding. Thank you.

leavoj
Community Explorer

Id love this as well!!!

kellicharris
Community Member

It would be nice to have expand/collapse feature built into the heading levels as well. For instance, a heading within a module may be the title of the lesson. There may be several pages then under the lesson heading. To cleanup the page, a collapse and expand arrow would be nice. Then, at the top of the module have a "collapse all" or "expand all" option.

It would be nice to collapse and expand all modules as well. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta
Comments from Instructure

In the Modules page, all modules can be collapsed and expanded, respectively. This change allows users to expand or collapse all modules within the page as needed.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-08-26)

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed