Comment Box for Typed Comments Should Expand in Canvas Teacher App

0 Likes
(1)

The comment library coming to the teacher app is great, but even when I use pre-prepared comments, I need to edit them and tailor them to the individual student.  This is very difficult to do when the box for comments stays such a small size.  The comment box should automatically expand and/or be manually expandable so that we can navigate more easily in long comments. The box as is is too small.

7F50837D-F7B8-400F-A556-855167EABCA3.jpeg

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Channie
Community Novice

I agree. I would love a setting to "set" the default size of the comment box or choose from 3-4 size options in the settings menu. It's quite tedious to edit my comments in such a small comment box, and it's even more tedious to drag it into a workable box on each student's answer. There seem to be lots of steps within the Canvas platform that minimize productivity...

No hate intended, but rather, I prefer to adjust user settings with as few clicks/steps as possible. So far, Canvas has been the contrary. (There are MANY things Canvas does well, though!)

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.