Comment Notifications among TAs and Teachers

0 Likes

Currently instructors and TAs only receive comment notification if students submit comments to an assignment/submission, and not if another TA or instructor submits a comment. There are instances, where it would be great to monitor comments for instructors/TAs, specifically when it requires input corrections, or other follow up steps from others. 

Being able to control if TA/instructor comments to trigger notifications would be SUPER helpful.

Some examples:

• A TA responds to a student, but is unsure and will require follow up with the teacher
    (currently the TA needs to send a separate e-mail to the teacher without reference to assignment)
  • A TA directly has a question for the teacher to a specific assignment/submission (would be great if this could be done/checked as a private message - something that I have seen discussed in other ideas/suggestions)
  • A teacher makes a call/clarification to an assignment, informing students AND TA at the same time/place in the process (currently the TA has no indication that I responded to a student)

We have several courses where we have more than one instructor on record. Keeping each other informed on decisions/practices on responding to assignments is currently not effective and needs to be done outside of canvas.

I hope this idea request finds followers as this would streamline our academic world tremendously.
Cheers,
Georg

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.