cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common announcement to all my classes

Common announcement to all my classes

(4)
i teach five different classes (classes, not sections! ) and I have an announcement to make to all my classes. Currently, the only way seems to be - make the announcement five times, once in each class.

Shouldn't I be able to make it once, for all my classes?

Note from the Community Team: We are aligning this with a very similar idea, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6507-post-announcements-in-multiple-courses-at-once" modifiedt....

61 Comments
Community Member

Hey there! I'm new to Canvas and I can tell you that this is a must have feature. Just on our department if our department head wants to communicate to our student via canvas, he has to send all of our faculty a message, then we each have to either generate an announcement and/or start an email to each course separately. If our department had this feature, it would greatly improve our ability to keep students informed on a common platform.

Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

Community Member

This would be awesome!!  It would save so much time spent copying and pasting!

Community Member

Let's make this happen! This seems like such a simple thing. Maybe add a dropdown box to select which classes receive the Announcement. Therefore, instead of writing an Announcement inside the course, write it outside, then select where it goes after that!

Community Member

This is a great idea.  Kind of rare that one teaches only one course per term.  Being able to propagate announcements would save me a lot of time. 

Right now, I import an announcement from one course to the next.  Of course, Canvas requires opening settings, then selecting import, then selecting the type of import, then selecting....  Well, you get the idea.

Community Member

Would be unbelievably useful and time saving.  A must!

Community Member

This was created 4 years ago!  What is Instructure doing?!?!?!?!?

Surveyor

It is absolutely staggering that instructure has moved on this.  COME ON CANVAS! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Community Member

Would love an update on this - Canvas in the age of COVID-19 is just underscoring the need to make announcements to all courses at once.

Community Member

This is really necessary in the online-heavy world we're teaching in during the pandemic. I strongly believe this concept should be fast-tracked to development and rolled out as quickly as possible.