Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commons---Ability to Create Folders

Commons---Ability to Create Folders

Idea is currently in development

For better organization

Comments from Instructure

February 2016

I'm excited to say we are working on the ability to share resources to a custom group of users that has been created by an admin. I hope that this might be a solution to the concern you share above. As we roll out this feature later this year we would love to hear feedback on how it works for you.

Kate McGee, Commons Product Manager

(1)
Tags (2)
4 Comments
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Christine.

I've moved your idea over to Commons Feature Ideas​ since it is more related to Commons than Canvas. The voting process there is a bit different in that all new submissions are open for voting.

However, in order for our team to better understand your request, can you please expand upon it? What is it that you want to organize? Where in the Commons interface do you anticipate to use this functionality?

Thanks!

Smiley Happy

We have sub accounts but within the sub accounts (English) we would like to have a folder structure (English 9, English 10, World Lit) so that the items are easy to find and the area is not so messy.

Instructure
Instructure

Hi christinemorgan ​, Thank you for sharing your idea, it's these comments that help us continue to develop Commons and make it great. I'm excited to say we are working on the ability to share resources to a custom group of users that has been created by an admin. I hope that this might be a solution to the concern you share above. As we roll out this feature later this year we would love to hear feedback on how it works for you.

Thanks and all the best,

Kate McGee

Commons Product Manager

Adventurer

Deactivated user, we already use groups, but within groups the group managers want better organization than just a list of items.  Folders would be much better - "Modules" "Quizzes" "Introductory material" "Student orientation" etc.

Is this idea for having folders in Commons still in development, or is having groups the only result?

Groups are great by the way.  Thanks!