Commons Permalinks (direct URL link to content)

Currently, sharing specific content with users in the commons is a bit difficult. I need to instruct users what keywords to search for and the exact title of the item I want them to use.

I believe permalinks that point directly to an object in the commons would be very useful. Something that could be shared with a Canvas user that would direct them to an item in the Commons. Pardon my horrible rendition (I'm not a designer), but this gives an idea of what I mean:

75192_permalink_idea.pngpermalink_idea.png

Original posting for this feature idea: Shareable URL links

If I create content and I want to inform teachers how to find the content easily in the commons, it seems it would be easy if I could generate a quick shareable link that would take any user directly to the resource. I may have missed something, but I don't think a feature like this currently exists.

Transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Robert Caldwell

Additional contributions by: Michelle Lattke

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through Ready Release Notes (2020-04-04) 

16 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

sharon_kitching
Community Contributor

Has there been any progression on this? It would be very useful. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

This feature has been developed and is now part of Canvas. For more information, please read through the Ready Release Notes (2020-04-04) 

And:   @caldwell  Thank You for sharing this idea, and  @curtain  Thank You mikescheid Thank You  @sharon_kitching  Thank You harris60 Thank You  @steve_simpson  Thank You  @christopher_gil  Thank You  @e_m_kiley  Thank You for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature that is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed