Comparison of learning analytics from year to year

I would like to propose some enhancement to the current course learning analytics provided.

This year I have included lots of additional on-line material for my students and would like a breakdown of exactly which resources students access and which they ignore. A total count of page hits is not sufficient, I need to know which pages they are hitting on.

I then want to compare this data year on year so that I can constantly evaluate and refine the material I include on my course.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

r.passmore, thank you for contributing this idea! We're going to move this idea forward for voting on March 1, 2017, as it aligns with a Canvas product priority, Priority: Analytics 2: Teacher & Student‌. In the meantime, have you had a chance to review  @James 's extraordinary Canvancement solution Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course‌?

Find out more about the changes we made in Changes are here: New feature idea processes went live Friday! (2/24/17)

r_passmore
Community Novice
Author

Hi Stefanie

Thanks for the link to James’ report which is excellent and goes a long way towards what I want to accomplish, but I think that CANVAS should provide a much easier way of accessing this data.

Regards

Rachel

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi Everyone - Since (old) Student Analytics will not be built out further, Instructure's Product Team decided to archive this idea. Thank you for your contributions!