cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile all essay responses to a quiz question on one screen for grading

Compile all essay responses to a quiz question on one screen for grading

(8)
I would love to see and grade all written responses (essays) to a quiz question at one time, on one screen.  If I need to grade #12 manually, for example, I would like all the #12 responses grouped together with a way to input grades for each one.  The "grade by question" feature as it is now still makes you go through each student's quiz separately and does not save any time at all...it basically just gives bookmarks to each question.  I am still doing a whole lot of scrolling to the bottom of the page to update scores or past a bunch of questions that have already been graded automatically.
49 Comments
fuhrmann
Surveyor II

Thank you for your comment.  I was not aware that they dropped this essential upgrade.  Time to urge adoption of a new LMS.

remerick
Community Member

And now it's been almost 5.

dbalog
Community Member

I see that this initial request has been made approximately 5 years ago and has received hundreds of votes.  Is this page still active?  How do we get this request to be seen & heard by the developers of canvas? This feature would be extremely beneficial.  

remerick
Community Member

From other posts, my guess is they really don't care. They have this forum for us to complain, and they hope we get it out of ours system.

sharon_kitching
Adventurer

The workflow for marking single questions needs attention. Jumping to a single question, marking, and then moving to the next students requires too many clicks. it would be preferred to be able to bring up a single question answers for a SECTION of students, and that the marking was done within the page (or being able to nominate a suitable number of answers at a time to mark at once; 5, 10, 15). 

quiz to do‌ quiz problems student marking 

alexander
Surveyor

As I transition from Blackboard to Canvas, the absence of this feature is one of the only things I have been surprised and disappointed by.  (In general, Canvas seems much better.)  Bb gave me the ability to grade all responses to a single question on one screen, with student names hidden.  Please develop this feature for New Quizzes!

sharon_kitching
Adventurer

Yes, this would have been one of the things you'd like to see followed up. It was a neat feature of Bb gradebook. 

sarah_prescott
Surveyor

Please make sure this is absolutely added - I depend on it, and will have to use some external app if it is not added when my university makes us all switch over to the new quizzes. New quizzes should ADD functionality, not take away what was already working perfectly. 

kmallen
Adventurer

Were all of the votes for this idea removed with the Canvas community migration happened? I'm seeing recent comments but only 2 votes for this idea.