Complete/Incomplete Assignments Sync to PowerSchool as "Collected" or Missing

0 Likes
(3)

It would improve the Grade Sync partnership between Canvas and PowerSchool if PowerSchool identifies assignments as Complete/Incomplete in Canvas as "Collected" or "Missing" during the sync to PowerSchool and does not sync the point total (usually zero) instead.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@aaron_ayres 

Thanks for sharing this idea. We'll move it forward for broader discussion in this forum, but it may well be that most if not all of the development work to make this possible will need to be performed by PowerSchool, so if you haven't yet, please be sure to reach out to your PS representatives to make them aware of this need.

aaron_ayres
Community Explorer

Thanks for the idea, Stephanie!  I have also shared the same idea on the PowerSchool idea community, which can be accessed here:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Ideas-Portal/ct-p/PowerSchool-Ideas-Portal

Search for UCG-I-145 or the title Complete/Incomplete Assignments Grade Sync from Canvas become "Collected" or "Missing" in PowerTeacher Pro 

jeremyh
Community Member

Yes!  We need to be able to mark assignments as Missing in Canvas and sync that to PowerSchool.

This is a major obstacles for our teachers, students, and community partners.

hottingert
Community Participant

I have many teachers at my school wishing that they could mark an assignment in Canvas as missing and then it syncs to PowerSchool as missing just like the late tag does.  It is frustrating to have to keep marking things in PowerSchool as late then remark it when Canvas syncs since it overwrites what you enter in PowerSchool.

mdejesus
Community Member

YES! Canvas & PS needs this!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.