Condense Groups of Assignments in Gradebook

I would like for there to be a way to condense the assignments under a specific group as they're presented under Assignments. For example, if there are ten quizzes in the assignment group "Quizzes", could there be a way to condense all of these in the grade book to a single "Quizzes" column, while the instructor is grading, so they don't need to search as much to find the assignment they're looking for that may be in another assignment group? The grades would still be available for students to see, it would just be a feature for the instructor.

Comments from Instructure

Instructors can filter gradebook columns by assignment group, as detailed in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16541-4152814167 

6 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea is now open for vote. Smiley Happy

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

137394_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@tknapp ‌

Priority: Gradebook Enhancements‌ is currently underway.  There are users testing the beta experience and collaborating in Focus Group: New Gradebook‌.  I'm not sure if you have access to the new gradebook yet, but if not you can ask your local Canvas admin to request it.  There you will find new advanced filtering that I'm curious to see if it better meets your needs.  It's not currently in the scope to hide or condense columns  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

With the release of the New Gradebook, instructors can filter gradebook columns by assignment group, as detailed in How do I filter columns by type in the New Gradebook? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed