Connect assignments across various canvas sites

0 Likes

University level -- I have several sections of the same class with some difference so I can not combine them. however, I would like to be able to connect the assignments with attached pages across sections rather than having to move the assignment and then move and publish the connected pages and the online links associated with each assignment.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Jenny,

I don't know all of the details of your sections but are you sure that cross-listing won't work?  In a cross listed course with multiple sections you can still send announcements, create discussions, quizzes and assignments to individual sections.  For example, let's say you have 3 sections cross listed together, but each of their own version of an assignment (or quiz, or discussion).  In the Assign To portion of each version of the assignment you can specify which section it belongs to.  You would see all 3 versions of the assignments but students would only see the ones assigned to sections they belong to.  

Assign To box.png

But, assuming there are other reasons why you can't cross list, I'm still confused why you can just use the Copy to option once for each section.  From my experience when you "copy to" for something like an assignment, if there are any linked pages or files those will also get copied along with the assignment.  I don't think you would need to copy the pages individually as long as you were linking to them from in the assignment.

Rick

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

hi @JennyBuschhorn -

I hope you are doing well! I am wondering if what Rick shared was helpful. When you have a moment, it would be great to hear from you.

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by April 27, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team and Coaches focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived