Connect the Learning Mastery Gradebook With the Normal Gradebook

(5)

I need my learning mastery gradebook to provide overall letter grades for the course. The learning mastery gradebook does not do this, but the normal gradebook does. I propose that the two gradebooks interact (similar to JumpRope or PowerSchool). In interacting, the final grade should be calculated based on the percent of standards mastered as seen in the Learning Mastery Gradebook. 

8 Comments
hunter
Community Novice

Our institution wants the transcript grade kept separate from the outcome ranking based on their different uses and reporting mechanisms. The separate grade books work exactly as needed.

belnapj
Community Member

I think this would work better as an "optional" thing.  I imagine this is what you intended, but it is not what you say.  Jennifer's concern would probably not be an issue if it were simply a setup option that could be checked or un-checked.

belnapj
Community Member

While you might not want it that way, it would be a useful option for some people.  Perhaps it could be done that way, so that both you and the above proposer could have what you wanted.

ahamiltonwebb
Community Explorer

I need exactly this! We migrated to Canvas in summer 2020 from a system that allowed us to calculate the average of all outcomes. @msahagun Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

msahagun
Community Member

No, no solution. It's frustrating that Canvas has not implemented this. I've been doing manual entry from the learning mastery gradebook to the normal gradebook. 

bgiron
Community Member

Yes, please!!! Please give my teachers the option to choose to have their mastery grade book speak to the individual grade book. My teachers are having to download their mastery grades and reenter them into the individual grade book, and it is a technical hurdle getting in the way of getting my staff on board with using mastery grading.

GregStein
Community Novice

This is  feature should be a must-add for any schools or districts committed to Standards Based Grading.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.