Context Card Custom View/Access for Advisors & Coaches

I love the new Context Cards and the snapshot view of my students' progress and activity in my course. It enables me to quickly see where they are struggling and reach out to help them.  Our campus Advisors and Student Success Coaches also have the need to access this type of information when they are assisting our students. This access would enable them to track and support their students' work progress better, more quickly and also add the ability to send messages within Canvas to their students.  Currently the only way to allow this is to add each Advisor or Coach to each course their students are in or make them Admins in Canvas - neither solution is a good one.  It's not good for the Advisors/Coaches (picture their super duper long "All Courses" lists), our Canvas Admins (who would have to do the adding) nor for our Faculty, many of whom are not thrilled at the idea of having someone added to their course.

Please consider how this would benefit your students, add your thoughts and VOTE IT UP!

4 Comments
Chris_Munzo
Partner
Partner

Hi, all -- I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner!  Dropout Detective from https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/partners-platform/aspiredu?sr=search&searchId=482d...‌ does exactly what you are asking.  We can link advisors, success coaches and even sports coaches to students, and then provide school users with personalized dashboards of just the students assigned to them.  Then we make it easy to see the student's performance across all courses.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more.

DanBurgess
Community Participant

We would definitely benefit from this feature request.  We have advisors with over 150 students.  As  @arovner  as pointed out, adding the advisors as observers to each student is not workable due to the "All Courses" listing; it's virtually unnavigable. 

sharinahmad
Community Explorer

Hi,

Will be great to have a learner dashboard that display the courses that they have been enrolled to, include current and past ones. This dashboard (accessible by instructors too) can help to provide a general overview of what each learner in a course has completed. This data should be allow to be exported too.

e.g: As a Head of a Programme, it will be good to know the progress of the learners across all the classes, semester from a business perspective. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.