Control strip in Studio videos outside the video area

0 Likes
(1)

A nice feature would be to move the control bar in Canvas Studio videos away from the actual video frame. When watching a video of a recorded lecture, the bar sits at the bottom of the video frame, and it hides information at the bottom of the slide, especially if the video is paused (for example if the student is taking notes). It would be good if the control bar could be positioned outside the video frame, or at least minimised. Another option would be to make it semitransparent, so that the content underneath could be still visible.

4 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

NMerchy
Community Member

I agree, I was just thinking about this one this week. One of my colleagues had created a video about Sketchup and you couldn't see the controls that he was trying to teach when paused.

Landmark_Coll
Community Participant

Agree. I've had to rework thumbnail images because the toolbar obscures crucial title information about the video.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.