Copy Indent Settings

0 Likes

If I take the time to increase the indent for a posting on one class, it should transfer that same way to the others. I don’t want to then have to go into each class and reformat my postings.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@edeboer 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you edit this idea to confirm what "increase the indent for a posting on one class" means and where this is occurring?

edeboer
Community Member

Hello Stefanie,

When I share content from one class to another class, I would like the indenting to come with it. So, if I copy a whole module or individual content, I'd love to have the indenting carry over. I often do the following
Monday

Page

Assignment 

Assignment

Tuesday

Page

Page

Assignment

And so on. Right now, copying content brings over the name and description of the assignment. I'd LOVE it if that feature would bring over the indenting as well as the grading category so it doesn't just drop into the "imported assignments" portion.

Thank you!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@edeboer 

Thanks for elaborating on this. The idea conversation currently underway requesting that the copy-to (Direct Share) functionality place assignments in the correct assignment group is at "Copy to" should include Assignment Groups

The request for retaining indenting when copying an entire module to a different course would need to be its own idea conversation. However, we hope you've first asked Canvas Support to confirm that this is the expected behavior (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? provides general instructions, or use the pathway to support set out by your school.)

We've archived this idea because it encompasses several suggestions.. Once you've been able to get that confirmation from Canvas Support, please write a new idea that specifies that it is focused on Direct Share and Modules; How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? gives guidance on what information to include that will assist our members in discussing the idea.

Thanks again!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived