Copy SCORM Activities into new sections

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. June 1, 2016 - Wed. September 7, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Hoorah that we have SCORM in Canvas! But HUGE bummer that the activities don't copy over from semester to semester. You have to reinstall it in every section which makes copying it out to multiple instructors to use each semester very difficult. It's not scalable as is. Can we make it so the activities stay active when copied into a new Canvas section?

This idea was requested in May of 2015 but was archived for lack of votes - Include SCORM objects on course imports. Let's not let this feature pass us up again!

Comments from Instructure

Please find more information in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8768 
33 Comments
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

IKR? SCORM is pointless if we can't copy content from one term to another.  If we build a master course that is used as a template for eight live sections, I'm not going to want to copy each and every SCORM package into each course.  That increases the room for error, not to mention the workload for instructional designers. 

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

p.s. I got my instructional design team to cast votes for this.  Let's roll!

rharp
Community Novice

crickets.jpg?t=1450732705

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

giphy.gif

rharp
Community Novice

Ok... What's the news?  Voting is over and we're over 100!  :smileycheck:

kmcgee
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Canvas Community! Thank you so much for your input and comments on how important SCORM is to you. Continuing to improve SCORM has been on our minds since we first released the SCORM content viewer. I'm excited to let you know that we are currently in development to enable SCORM to be copied through course copy and included in course exports. We'll keep you informed as development progresses with an expected ETA.

All the best,

The Canvas Product Team

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Awesome news, Kate!

Thanks,

KLM

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

This is fantastic news.  We'll definitely volunteer with any beta testing that you have. 

heidi_huff-hagu
Community Novice

Deactivated user​ any update on the ETA?

Thanks!

Heidi

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please find more information in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-01-28)