Copy of messages I send to entire class comes to my inbox

When I send a message to my entire class  and choose all participants including teachers (I am the only teacher), I would like for a copy to actually come to my inbox. If I don't want a copy, I can always just select "Students" when I am sending out the message.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@steve_rich  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Users can access a copy of their sent messages by toggling the Inbox view to Sent; that is detailed in the Filter by Inbox section of How do I filter conversations as an instructor?  In addition, users who would like to receive an external notification of the sent message along with its contents can enable that in their notification preferences (How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?‌); it is the "Conversations Created By Me" setting, the default for which is "Do not send."

As instructors can already access the messages they've composed and sent within Canvas directly from the Inbox, we've archived this idea.

Thanks, Steve. Stay safe, and be well. Smiley Happy 

steve_rich
Community Explorer
Author

Thanks Stefanie. I know I can see messages by toggling to sent. But I would like to see them in my inbox if I elect to send to "All in...". This seems like it should go to everyone including me.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for letting us know that you are able to access the messages, Steve. We've opened this idea as a specific request to generate a copy of the message in the Inbox view in addition to the message that displays in the Sent folder. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.