Copying a course with students and completed assignments

0 Likes
(1)

For training staff it would be nice to be able to duplicated courses that included students and completed assignments.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I teach at a community college in California, and your proposal would be a violation of student privacy laws. If we use student work as samples for training purposes, we must remove their names, student numbers, and so on. 

Rather than try to duplicate a concluded course with students and completed assignments, you could simply use anonymous samples of student work for your training course. Just copy and paste what you need. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

@SusanNiemeyer - Absolutely!

When I read the Idea, I honestly considered all the time that goes into creating onboarding or training materials for new staff that uses fictitious students and demo material. I can see where this application would be helpful in very specific contexts. ...but is the benefit worth the risks? ...or maybe it's only available to certain roles or admin?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.