Course Media in Studio

0 Likes

We found that when you access Studio through a course it will show up in the Course Media on your account and if you delete the content it will delete in the main account (course) where it is from, so you will be able to delete the content if it is no longer in use in the course. I would like to submit this as a feature idea request so that the behavior would change.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Initial Stage: We're reviewing the new conversation

HI @carriedickson

We've been reviewing our ideas queue and stumbled upon your idea here in moderating status from almost a year ago! Apologies that this idea got lost for a time! 

Before we can move this idea forward, however, we'll need you to clarify the functionality you're wanting. 

If I delete a course item with a Studio element (assignment, discussion, quiz, etc.), I notice that the Studio media item remains in the course Studio library. Would you prefer that to change so that deleting a course item also deletes any associated Studio media from the course library? 

Alternatively, I noticed that when I delete a Studio media file from a course Studio library, the file is removed from that course library, but it remains in the original creator/uploader's My Library page. Are you wishing to see a change in functionality so that there's an option to "Delete from everywhere" vs. "Remove from course"?

Or maybe there's something different that you would prefer to see?

If you'd be willing to edit your above idea to clarify the change in functionality, we can move the idea forward out of the Moderating status. 

Thanks, 

Allie

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @carriedickson -

I'm checking in! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 17, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived