[Admin Tools] +Course Popup Links To New Course

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When creating a new course from the Courses administration area, include a link to the new course in the "successfully added" popup.  This will save time and frustration after creating the course since next steps are often adding enrollment, etc.  

2021-11-23_17-14-57.png

Added to Theme

Save Admins Time and Clicks Theme Status: Identified

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Jennifer_Mayes
Community Explorer

I definitely agree with this! The extra step of having to search for the course after it is created should be eliminated.

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

I agree 100% with this idea.  If I'm creating a course as ad admin, there is a very good chance that I'm going to want to do something with that course once it's created.  Having to search for it after creation shouldn't be necessary.

-Chris

J_Stallsworth
Community Explorer

When creating a new course in Canvas (from the Admin menu then clicking +Course) I would like to be able to add an instructor from the course creation screen. Currently, I create the course and then have to search for it again before I am able to add an instructor. I think this step could be much easier by allowing admins to add instructors from the course creation dialogue. 

straussi
Community Champion

@J_Stallsworth , that would certainly help too!

ZoeuLX
Community Member

I agree that this would be a helpful addition to the Courses administration area! I can recall a time when I created a new course and then had to search for it in the long list of courses in order to add enrollment, etc. I bet having a link to the new course in the "successfully added" popup would make a difference. By the way, I wonder what you think about a no-code popup builder? I recently ran into this website https://promolayer.io/en, and I'm considering using it. I will highly appreciate any input!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
 This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2023-03-29) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2023-03-29)