Course Summary organization in the Syllabus

0 Likes
(1)

I like how the "Course Summary" auto populates the content from my courses, unfortunately it only populates it according to "due date". This causes confusion with the students on when assignments are assigned. It would be nice to add a field for "date assigned" when filling out the assignment details (Example: Assignment Details) and then use that information to organize the "Course Summary" and include the due date in line so they know when the assignment is due. It would be nice to add a toggle button that could change the information organized on the page between the "date assigned" and the "due date", that way students could see both. 

Overall, this could be a powerful tool for instructors and students, but in its current state it is confusing. Please change this. Thank you for your consideration.

6 Comments
Matt_T124
Community Member

I realized that in the students view they cannot see "unpublished" content. I'll have to check on those courses where students were able to do the worksheets. Weird.

"Course Summary" organization still needs to be improved.

CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Matt_T124
Community Member

Another thought would be to put a notification to the right of the "details" area that says that it is "active 00/00/00" or "currently assigned" and include the date it became active. That way students would know what assignments are active and when. This solution would work with the current organization by "due date" and then when the list is toggled to the "date assigned" organization the information to the right of the details could switch to display the "due date 00/00/00". 

Matt_T124
Community Member

Man, these ideas are great and would be so useful. It would save so much time for instructors and make it sooooo simple for students to know what they need to do in a course. Someone should implement these ideas immediately into canvas‼️ 😉 

Matt_T124
Community Member
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived