cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Tile Overall Course Grade

About Idea Conversations
In the Canvas Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Canvas products.

Course Tile Overall Course Grade

0 Kudos

I've noticed in the app it is super easy to see your grade for every single course you're enrolled in at a glance. On the dashboard, all of the course tiles are laid out and their overall grades are easily readable in the upper left hand corner.

In the web UI, it requires more effort to click through the courses and find the grades page. It is even harder when the instructor has not made the grades page visible. I have yet to find out how to see my overall grade or a layout of all graded assignments on a course where the teacher has hidden the grades tab.

It would be awesome if the Canvas Dev Team could have the overall course grade show in the top left hand corner of the course tile like in the app. Maybe even make this an option so people who don't want to see it can remove it. 

1 Comment
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, cander92@asu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! We've opened this idea for voting.

As it moves through the evaluation process, please know that students can view their grades directly from the dashboard by clicking on the View Grades button that displays near the bottom of the right sidebar: How do I view grades in the Dashboard as a student? However, if your instructor has chosen to hide grade totals, that setting will override what displays—and that is the case in the mobile app as well.