Course copy confirmation button

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-12-15).

When importing content from another course, if you choose copy entire course there should be a pop up asking if you're sure you want to copy everything.  

I realize this is my mistake and I should've looked more closely, but I've lost a few hours I'll never get back cleaning everything up.  

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@kcg 

Thanks for sharing this idea, and it is awful that that happened to you. As this idea moves forward for broader discussion, you might be interested in checking out this related conversation: Import Course Content should always be non-destructive

kcg
Community Explorer

Thank you.  Fortunately I was importing into a new course and had only done a little work.  I made a few mistakes deleting everything and had to fix that, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been.  Thanks for sharing the other conversation.  I like that idea as well.  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

@kcg  The upcoming 12-15-2021 deploy will initiate a warning message about overwriting existing content as part of course import processes in Assignments and Course Settings. Will this enhancement to the course import process address the issue raised in your idea?

kcg
Community Explorer

It will--thanks very much!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you so much, @kcg . We've changed the status just now, and we can look forward to seeing this in the 12-15-2021 deploy.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

As part of course import processes in Assignments and Course Settings, Canvas displays a warning message about overriding existing content.

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-12-15).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed