[Courses] Filter options

The course search filter is pretty basic.  It seems as though the search filters were rushed and need to be re-thought.  My suggestions are below..  I hope others also agree and comment.

0. Right now, if you check off both "Hide courses without students" and "Show only blueprint courses" you get ZERO results.  By default, Blueprint courses do NOT have any students!

1. Hide courses without student should become "Show courses without students" and automatically be filtered out.

2. Show only Blueprints should actually become part of the course dropdown

3. Add a dropdown to filter out specific amount of years.  Default should only show previous 1 year (term)

4. Default course sorting should be filtered by "Term".  Last term should show up first... Meaning 2018 shouldn't show up first if it's 2022!

5. "Search By" dropdown  (course / teacher) should be removed and allow the text box labeled "search Courses" to be a Boolean search box.

6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! There is currently a related idea open that would address the statement listed in "0". There's more to this idea to help with filtering, so it will be its own thread.

Course filtering options don't make sense - Instructure Community  

1TechGirl
Community Member

When I look at the courses for my school in the admin tab, it shows last year's courses. I have to filter to change it EVERY TIME. It would be so much better if it defaulted to THIS school year and not LAST school year.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

mraisinghani
Community Novice
Problem statement:

Courses should not be organized by the newest courses first and not the older courses.

Proposed solution:

Courses should not be organized by the newest courses first and not the older courses.

User role(s):

instructor