Create/Edit Multiple Assignments At One Time

0 Likes
(1)

Teachers need to be able to create and/or edit multiple assignments at once.  Similar to the way they can now edit due dates, they need to be able to edit other parts of the assignment (title, points, assignment group, etc).  But more than that, if they know they will have 5 assignments in a module, they need to be able to create all of those assignments at once to save time.  It's way too many clicks to create/edit assignments otherwise.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

gilrosenberg
Community Member

I'd love to be able to create recurring assignments.  For example: Iif I assign a daily self-reflection, I want to be able to create it once and then check a box for "repeat daily".  Maybe then I could have a choice of whether they get named by number (e.g. Self-reflection 1, Self-reflection 2, etc.) or by date (e.g. Self-reflection 5/27, Self-reflection 5/28, etc.)

I think a lot of people would benefit from this for things like daily homework assignments, in-class weekly quizzes, regular participation grades, etc.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@gilrosenberg 

You've described an idea with a different nuance and use case, so would you please add your rating and comments about that to  Recurring Assignments? Thanks.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.