cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Edit Multiple Assignments At One Time

Create/Edit Multiple Assignments At One Time

0 Kudos
(1)

Teachers need to be able to create and/or edit multiple assignments at once.  Similar to the way they can now edit due dates, they need to be able to edit other parts of the assignment (title, points, assignment group, etc).  But more than that, if they know they will have 5 assignments in a module, they need to be able to create all of those assignments at once to save time.  It's way too many clicks to create/edit assignments otherwise.

3 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

gilrosenberg
Community Member

I'd love to be able to create recurring assignments.  For example: Iif I assign a daily self-reflection, I want to be able to create it once and then check a box for "repeat daily".  Maybe then I could have a choice of whether they get named by number (e.g. Self-reflection 1, Self-reflection 2, etc.) or by date (e.g. Self-reflection 5/27, Self-reflection 5/28, etc.)

I think a lot of people would benefit from this for things like daily homework assignments, in-class weekly quizzes, regular participation grades, etc.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@gilrosenberg 

You've described an idea with a different nuance and use case, so would you please add your rating and comments about that to  Recurring Assignments? Thanks.

About Idea Conversations
In the Instructure Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Instructure products.